Bryan,

The usage of the NiFi CLI commands would appear to require usage of the NiFi
Registry. We evaluated the NiFi registry 18 months ago and decided not to move
forward with it yet.  However, we likely will re-evaluate the NiFi Registry
within the next 6 months based your answer.  Nevertheless, there would be a
slight preference of not having to involve using the NiFi registry to support
the desire of property injection for sensitive values.  The suggestion of using
NiFi CLI commands seem reasonable, but it is the need of the NiFi Registry
where we would be unable to quickly follow-up in responding.

I am not an expert on Vault, but on initial glance, it looks like something
that can be installed on a local or server system we have as it doesn’t require
being stored in a central location by a vendor.  I believe that if these
sensitive properties for SSL could be stored either an external file or in
Vault, this would likely alleviate us from using XSL for SSL property injection
if the usage of NiFi-CLI commands were to be taken out of the equation out of
not yet adopting the NiFi Registry.  Thus, if there could be further
consideration here in light of folks not yet adopting the NiFi Registry yet for
miscellaneous reasons, we would be fairly appreciative.  Thoughts?

Jeremy H. Taylor
Software Developer
ACES Incorporated, an EverWatch Company
Washington, DC