Mike Thomsen did some work for a cassandra backing of DistributedMapCache:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-7821>

I am excited to see this coming in 1.13 and I will be using it on a few use
cases here with both Cassandra and Astra (cassandra as a service).

Steven Matison | Data Architect | datastax.com