Hi Valentina,

I've not tried this myself, so I cannot be sure it is a solution here, but
have you tried generating a Google App Password [1] for the Gmail account
to use in NiFi in place of the user password?

I'm not sure if it is a drop-in replacement or not, but worth trying to see
if it works with NiFi IMAP/SMTP processors as-is. If not, we should
probably capture this as an Apache NiFi Jira if it has not been already, as
this is essentially a feature request to add that capability as an
option/alternative form of authentication for IMAP/SMTP processors.

[1] https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

Hope this helps,
Kevin