I missed that log being added with that release and it contains the information
I needed.

Thanks
Shawn Weeks

On Oct 26, 2022, at 9:56 AM, David Handermann
<exceptionfact...@apache.org<mailto:exceptionfact...@apache.org>> wrote:

Hi Shawn,

NiFi 1.15.0 added configurable HTTP request logging, which is written to
nifi-request.log.  The default configuration logs the direct client IP address,
but if the proxy server includes the real client address in a header, which
could be added to the log.

The configuration property is named nifi.web.request.log.format described in
the Administrator's Guide under Web Properties:

https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#web-properties

The following post covers the background on HTTP request logging and provides
several configuration examples:

https://exceptionfactory.com/posts/2022/04/26/introducing-apache-nifi-http-request-logging/

Feel free to follow up if you have additional questions.

Regards,
David Handermann

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 9:51 AM Shawn Weeks