Hi Deepak,

So far, we have been honoring the following policy for what constitutes a
change in version control:

   - stopped/started does not count as a "local change"
   - enabled/disabled does count as a change, and that state is captured in
   the flow snapshot json version saved to registry.

One reason for this is that some users want to setup CI/CD to deploy from
Registry and automatically start a flow in the target NiFi. If there are
components they don't want to start, the disabled state gives them a way to
capture that configuration in the flow.

Is there a reason you prefer disable over stop in your lower environment? I
leave flows stopped in dev environments all the time and have never run
into an issue, but of course, everyone's workflow and use case is slightly
different, so I'm interested in hearing your perspective on this to see if
we need to consider something more flexible.

Cheers,
Kevin