Greg

When you mention a flow file with a string field are you saying the
'content' of the flowfile OR are you saying there is a flowfile attribute?

The reference to 'field' is throwing me off a bit I think.

You might want to share a picture of the relevant portions of the flow
and/or the actual nifi-app output and some processor config info.

Once we can get better clarity on what is happening we can probably help
unpack this better.

Thanks