Hi guys

We got some ERRORs in our bootstrap.log for some of our NiFI 1.23.2 nodes:
2024-01-08 11:18:21,172 INFO [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdOut
[9581188.605s][warning][codecache] Try increasing the code heap size using
-XX:NonProfiledCodeHeapSize=
2024-01-08 11:18:21,167 ERROR [NiFi logging handler] org.apache.nifi.StdErr
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: CodeHeap 'non-profiled nmethods' is full.
Compiler has been disabled.

We are not that experienced with java details, but we read in the internet that
it would potentially help to increase “ReservedCodeCacheSize” to get rid of the
ERROR. Sadly we found no good information for NiFi and Java > 8, are there any
advices how to fix this?

In the earlier days, when we were on Java 8 (today OpenJDK 11), we had the
options below within our bootstrap.conf. However when we have upgraded to JVM
11 we dropped all of them as it was stated as java 8 tuning.

# java 8 tuning
java.arg.7=-XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=256m
java.arg.8=-XX:CodeCacheMinimumFreeSpace=10m
java.arg.9=-XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing

SRC:
https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Community-Articles/HDF-CFM-NIFI-Best-practices-for-setting-up-a-high/ta-p/244999

So to sum it up, is it fine if we tune the ReservedCodeCacheSize to a higher
value for Java Versions > 8? Eg. 512m?

Cheers Josef