On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 13:54 -0700, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> On Oct 12, 2007, at 2:41 AM, Martin Vysny wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >   I tried to use Hibernate in OpenEJB (our application unfortunately
> > still does not use JPA - it uses Hibernate directly instead). However,
> > it seems there is a version clash: OpenEJB requires ASM 2.2.3 while
> > Hibernate 3.2.4 requires ASM 1.5.3 and they seem to be incompatible:

> > Have you guys tried to use OpenEJB with Hibernate? Can you please
> > provide me with some hints? Which one is harder: modify Hibernate
> > to use 2.2.3 or OpenEJB to use 1.5.3? :-)
>
> I wouldn't try to modify either; I'd repackage.  Most projects seem
> to repackage asm to avoid such conflicts, and I'd guess they do it
> because Hibernate is not repackaging :)
>
> The ASM FAQ suggests (http://asm.objectweb.org/doc/faq.html) jarjar.
> If you can figure out how to do this, that would be awesome.  We can
> simply add the repackaged jar to our svn repository.
>
> -dain

Thanks very much for the idea, but we found an easier way to resolve
this issue: [1]. Now can you help us where to look for
TransactionManager in JNDI? Hibernate requires it when using CMP
persistency. Thanks!
Martin

[1]
http://andersnoras.com/blogs/anoras/archive/2007/09/04/resolving-asm-dependency-conflicts.aspx