ntainersandResources-javax.sql.DataSource

> If you can find a setting that works with your driver and
> database, you should have much better luck with the
> OptimisticLockingException and EntityManager.lock() functionality.

Well, like I have written above. I want that the operation completes
successfully. I have already tried the transaction levels, but if concurrent
transaction are not blocked they are tried in parallel and I get an exception.
Retrying it is no possibility, because the queries to the database effect for
consecutive calls the same row. So again, the transaction may fail. And again
and again.
For Optimistic locking I always got an OptimisticLockingException like
expected. I don't know how the lock() method should be useful. I have to
retrieve the object before and another transaction might have updated the row
before I can get the lock. So, the data which is locked might be not more
relevant anymore. If a retry now the query and again get the lock the same may
happen. So the algorithm is not guaranteed to work correctly.

WBR,
Karsten