No worries; actually its my fault for not updating the question since I was
able to fix this myself.  It ended up being a namespace issues with JAXB.
Since my XSD didn't have a targetNamespace it seems that was causing some
issue in passing the object back to the MDB.

Anyway; thanks for getting back to me!