hello guys,
thank you for you replies so far.
what I exactly mean is following:
In openejb, the default jndi binding pattern is done by setting the property
"openejb.jndiname.format".
It is possible to override this for a specific ejb by the creating an
openejb-jar.xml file like this

<openejb-jar>
  <ejb-deployment ejb-name="FooBean">
    <jndi name="foo" interface="org.superbiz.Foo"/>
  </ejb-deployment>
</openejb-jar>

In JBoss there is a similar approach: You can override the jndi binding for
a specific ejb by
a) creating a jboss.xml file (similar to openejb-jar.xml)
b) Via Annotations: @LocalBinding -> set the local jndi  binding,
@RemoteBinding -> set the remote jndi Binding

Example:

@Stateless
@Local(Foo.class)
@LocalBinding(jndiName="foo")
public class FooBean implements Foo {
}

-> FooBean will be locally bound to "foo"

We would like to use openejb for embedded testing for an existing
application running on jboss. Since we already have a lot of EJBs with
@LocalBinding (>100), we would like to let openejb evalute the @LocalBinding
Annotations rather then creating an openejb.xml and maintain the bindings
twice (which is error prone).