Thiago,

What kind of boot times are you seeing? How many jars do you have? Do you need them all in the app or can some of them go in Tomcat/lib instead? I have to say I haven't seen much of an issue on this, but I am using OpenEJB for unit testing only, not with Tomcat.

If performance is a very critical issue, you can always disable class-path scanning by setting the metadata-complete attribute to "true" in the deployment descriptor. However, that will also turn off annotations processing completely. That should improve performance, right David? Are there any other OpenEJB specific techniques? I am curious to know myself...

Cheers,
Reza

Thiago Antônio Marafon wrote:
Hi all,
I´m evaluation OpenEJB 3.0 with Tomcat 6. Everything is ok, my test application is working great. But, I noticed that the more jars the application has, longer is the Tomcat bootstrap time.
Then I saw this:
http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/application-discovery-via-the-classpath.html

And tried all the alternatives, but it looks like that in Tomcat these don´t work. My beans are annotated, there isn´t a ejb-jar.xml, and the .class files are not in a jar.
Any help?
Cheers,
Thiago