On Feb 13, 2009, at 1:36 AM, Alberto López wrote:

My problem is that I hadn't the opportunity to even begin the installation, since after the failed deployment attempt the URL for the install page does
not work, which is not strange after all ;-)

Is the Tomcat instance by chance installed as a windows service? I've seen some classloading strangeness with Tomcat installs that run as windows services, seems windows refuses to truly restart the VM causing all sorts of issues.

I guess the better way to answer that question is to know how you installed Tomcat. All releases are tested on Windows XP, but we simply download the zip file and unpack it and do not use the installer exe files.

-David

Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

Hola Alberto,

Did the installation (as described here
http://openejb.apache.org/tomcat.html) work without any errors ?
After installation complete, you should have an OpenEJB Listener in
catalina server.xml
Moreover you should have 2 additional jar files in the
${catalina.home}/lib
- openejb-tomcat-loader-3.1.jar
- openejb java agent (necessary for openjpa)

Finally, openejb installer makes changes in sh/bat scripts.

Can you please check if it's ok and give us a feed back ?

Adios ;-)
Jean-Louis

Alberto López wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to OpenEJB and I would like to use it in my organization.

But the first steps have been somewhat complicated, every time I deploy
the openejb.war I get the error below.

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.18 under Windows XP. I also tried Tomcat 5.5 on the
same machine, but with the same result.

Would be very grateful for some feedback.

Java version: 1.6.0_11-b03
OpenEJB version: 3.1

Alberto López

OpenEJB init-params:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.openejb.tomcat.loader.TomcatHook
       at
org .apache .catalina .loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1387)
       at
org .apache .catalina .loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1233)
       at
org .apache .openejb.tomcat.loader.TomcatEmbedder.embed(TomcatEmbedder.java:71)
       at
org .apache .openejb.tomcat.loader.LoaderServlet.init(LoaderServlet.java:44)
       at
org .apache .catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java: 1172)
       at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java: 992)
       at
org .apache .catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java: 4058)
       at
org .apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java: 4371)
       at
org .apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.reload(StandardContext.java: 3099)
       at
org .apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.reload(ManagerServlet.java: 916)
       at
org .apache .catalina .manager.HTMLManagerServlet.reload(HTMLManagerServlet.java:536)
       at
org .apache .catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java: 114) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java: 617) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java: 717)
       at
org .apache .catalina .core .ApplicationFilterChain .internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
       at
org .apache .catalina .core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java: 206)
       at
org .apache .catalina .core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
       at
org .apache .catalina .core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
       at
org .apache .catalina .authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:525)
       at
org .apache .catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
       at
org .apache .catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
       at
org .apache .catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java: 109)
       at
org .apache .catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
       at
org .apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java: 845)
       at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol $Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
       at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java: 447)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)