Hi,

Took me a while and  help from David Blevins, but we figured out a solution
to the issues concerning applets. I have created an example which you can
checkout from our svn repository. Read the README.txt of the example first
before you try to run the example. I have tried to be as detailed as
possible in the README.txt, if you have any suggestions to improve the
instructions in it, that would be really appreciated. The maven pom.xml is
not perfect and kind of tries to do some tasks twice -- like signing jar
files (which should not affect the final outcome of the example).

Here is  the link to the README.txt in case you want to quickly go over the
example
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples/webapps/applet/README.txt?revision=744815&view=markup&pathrev=744815