On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Brown, Deryck <deryck.br...@ziebel.biz> wrote:

> In fact the example code that Jonathan provided the links for does exactly
> this. I know, I wrote it!

Awesome! Thanks for sharing it (and appologize for my ignorance to
read all the emails in my email backlog to find it out sooner).

> The setup I use in my own application has OpenEJB in one plug-in running as
> an OSGi service listener that watches for services that belong to the
> OpenEjbApplication class to be deployed. It then invokes the OpenEJB
> deployment code to start the application running. Your application plugin
> must include a plug-in activator that registers a new OpenEjbApplication
> service. When the plug-in is deactivated, the service is automatically
> stopped by the platform, and the OpenEJB server undeploys the application.
>
> The plugins at the moment are running on the Eclipse 3.4.2 RCP platform. This
> may cause some problems with running on (just) Equinox as the current code
> may be using some non-OSGi APIs (to load properties from files and allow for
> variable expansion within property values).

If it really works now with some Eclipse-specific APIs I'd like to
move the code to become more OSGi provider-agnostic if you don't mind.
I'd like to get it merged into our sources so people can use it
(rather than keep asking about it).

> http://www.nabble.com/Dynamically-deploying-to-an-embedded-OpenEJB-server-within-an-Eclipse-RCP-application-tt21667308.html#a21827389

Showed up as the first in my TODO list for this weekend. Thanks again
for your efforts (if that's what it really claims it is I owe you a
beer or even two :))

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski