Yes, that should solve my problem.
In this case, the application name would be the servlet context path?
Another question: when the application is deployed in the server root url,
which would be the app name? ROOT?
Anyway, since this seems a small addition to an already existing heuristic, and
is generally useful (not only for my case), I've registered an issue at

Luis Fernando Planella Gonzalez
lfpg....@gmail.com
http://freeit.inf.br