Hi,
Thank a lot for you answer, Jean
I've tried to follow you suggestion
now I've got
2009-07-09 09:09:31,912 - ERROR - Endpoint connection to JMS broker failed:
Wire format negociation timeout: peer did not send his wire format.
2009-07-09 09:09:31,913 - ERROR - Endpoint will try to reconnect to the JMS
broker in 30 seconds

openejb.xml
<Resource id="My JMS Resource Adapter" type="ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
  # Broker configuration URI as defined by ActiveMQ
  # see http://activemq.apache.org/broker-configuration-uri.html

  BrokerXmlConfig

  # Broker address

  ServerUrl tcp://lonmmsjmsu1.uk.db.com:10140

  # DataSource for persistence messages

  DataSource My Unmanaged DataSource
</Resource>

and  here is annotation from MDB
@MessageDriven
        (activationConfig = {
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destination",
                    propertyValue = "EventsTopic"),
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "destinationType",
                    propertyValue = "javax.jms.Topic"),
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName = "acknowledgeMode",
                    propertyValue = "Auto-acknowledge"),
            @ActivationConfigProperty(propertyName =
"subscriptionDurability",
                    propertyValue = "NonDurable")
                }
        )
***

More questions:
How to describe user and password to connect to topic?
And what is suspicious is why it doesn't throw  authentication Exception