On Feb 3, 2012, at 3:41 AM, john70 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I know you are very busy. But my question is still not answered.
> Are you planning (I mean real planning and not a hypothetical one) to add
> Jetty support or not?

Had a partial response crafted, but not finished.  The "who cares about
certification" response was perfect -- thank you.  Any other response would
have been a clear no in terms of Jetty support.  Taking certification off the
table, we've used Jetty ourselves for years in our build.  Primarily for JAX-RS
and JAX-WS endpoints as well as the ability to run our EJBd protocol over HTTP
via Jetty.  So that part is easy and simply having Jetty "there" is easy.
There've been people who've used them together by just booting Jetty in code
and OpenEJB in code (both are really better embeddable) and then just having
the servlets lookup the EJBs via global JNDI over the
LocalInitialContextFactory.

The part that has historically been missing in Jetty terms is the injection
support of various Java EE things into Servlets, Filters, etc.  I.e. wiring the
things that Jetty controls into the overall server.  Jan and I have chatted a
couple times on that part.

We definitely have everything else on that list.  In fact, it sounds a lot like
what Andy Gumbrecht is using, minus Jetty of course (or if he is using it, it's
news to me).

Give me the weekend to look over all that code and see what the story is.  Also
let me know which major version of Jetty you want -- I assume the latest.

-David