Moving the libraries doesn't work with beta-2, but I did do some hacking on
that just Saturday for the coming 1.0.0 binaries.

Is it possible you can try this set of binaries?

  http://people.apache.org/~dblevins/staging-081/openejb-4.0.0/

Keep in mind those will likely not be the actual 1.0.0 binaries that are
released, so when TomEE 1.0.0 comes out make sure you download the official
binaries.

-David