I have my ejb project pom.xml i have...

<dependency>
  <groupId>net.sf.saxon</groupId>
  <artifactId>Saxon-HE</artifactId>
  <version>9.4</version>
  <scope>compile</scope>
</dependency>

I then have a stateless ejb like this...

@Stateless
public class BeanA {
  XQDataSource xqds;
}

My ejb project is packaged up as a jar and deployed in the WEB-INF/lib
folder of my webapp along with all the dependent Saxon-HE-9.4 jar files.

When i startup the server it fails with...

org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: A child container failed during
start
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.startInternal(ContainerBase.java:1136)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.startInternal(StandardEngine.java:302)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

If i just comment out the XQDataSource variable, it will start up
successfully.  Also if I copy the Saxon-HE-9.4.jar files into tomee/lib it
starts up successfully.