Please Remove me from the e-mail list.
Thank You
Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: zeeman [mailto:hamz...@fastmail.us]
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:55 PM
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomee Hibernate Session JNDI

I debugged through Hibernate Search source. This method is the culprit:

private SessionFactory getSessionFactory() {
                try {
                        Context initialContext;
                        if ( jndiProperties.isEmpty() ) {
                                *initialContext = new InitialContext();*
                        }
                        else {
                                initialContext = new InitialContext(
jndiProperties );
                        }
                        return ( SessionFactory ) initialContext.lookup(
sessionFactoryJndiName );
                }
                catch ( Exception e ) {
                        throw new UnsupportedOperationException(
                                        "In order for this operation to work
the SessionFactory must be bound to JNDI"
                        );
                }
        }

An exception is thrown on the bolded line.

In my code I have this:

        @Produces
        @ExtensionManaged
        @ConversationScoped
        @PersistenceUnit(unitName = UNIT_NAME)
        EntityManagerFactory conversationEMF;

I printed all names in JNDI tree, I found conversationEMF bound. I set it in
persistence.xml:
<property name="hibernate.session_factory_name" value="conversationEMF"/>

So this should work except the InitialContext() is throwing an exception.
Any ideas?

I can go the manual route and register the MBEAN myself like you suggested.
But I would rather not and use what's offered because I'll other needed
functionality that I would rather not implement myself. Thanks!