The confusing part was that you set fix version in jira to 1.1.0. But the fix
is on 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Anyway, I got the plugin to run but I get this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.openejb.maven:tomee-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:configtest
(default-cli) on project mytest: Execution default-cli of goal
org.apache.openejb.maven:tomee-maven-plugin:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT:configtest
failed: format for librairies sh

I got latest source for plugin, it looks like you're validating libs even if
they're to be removed.

Here is what I used:

                        <plugin>
                                <groupId>org.apache.openejb.maven</groupId>
                                <artifactId>tomee-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                                <version>1.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                                <configuration>

<tomeeVersion>1.1.0-SNAPSHOT</tomeeVersion>
                                           <libs>

<lib>org.hibernate:hibernate-entitymanager:${hibernate.core.version}</lib>

<lib>org.hibernate:hibernate-core:${hibernate.core.version}</lib>
                                                <lib>remove:openjpa</lib>
                                                <lib>remove:asm</lib>
                                                <lib>remove:bval</lib>
                                                <lib>remove:serp</lib>