First, love the name :)

On Jul 16, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Alex The Rocker wrote:

> We are considering Apache TomEE+, but we are concerned by the lack of clear
> update policy of Tomcat version in TomEE & TomEE+.
[..]
> it
> would be nice to have a clear statement on Apache TomEE/TomEE+ update
> policy with regard to the components it embeds (and not only Apache Tomcat)
> ; so that users could decide whether or not they want to bed on this "new"
> J2EE application server (yeah, we know it's J2EE with web profile).
>
> A commitment to update TomEE & TomEE+ when an Apache Tomcat fix of security
> vulnerabilities within very short time (<2 weeks) would clearly be nice, if
> possible.

Thanks for the note.  There is definitely room for these kinds of
considerations.

There's been talk of keeping a branch just for upgrades and that could easily
help with this kind of thing.  Releasing an active trunk on short notice would
be impossible, but a stable branch with nothing more than upgrades would be far
easier.

Creating new builds with upgrades is very quick (minutes) and we can easily
have one up for public consumption with any upgrade in short order.  They're
currently published daily:

  http://tomee.apache.org/builds.html

What's there are trunk builds, so unstable by definition.

Were there to be a stable codeline that contained only upgrades and had builds
also performed automatically every 24hrs, would that be enough?

We could still release it of course, though a two week guarantee on that would
be harder; one is an automated process and one is very manual.

-David