if you think it is buggy rename excluded jar tomee-<normal-name>.jar, those
will be excluded by default

the compromise to find is here, using scan.xml you'll multiply <number of
info> the time of scanned classes processing (there is a shortcut here but
it means you loose time for scanned classes and gain for not scanned
classes).

exclusion gain should be a bit more important

but i noticed for small app scanning without any scan config is realy
faster so maybe you are "in the middle".

sharing your app we could dig further i guess

- Romain