I regenerated my project files without any xhtml files to remove that variable.

I've been trying to follow the guidelines at: http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions/scripting/exampleconfig.html

and am still having issues. Is there a better documentation/configuration checklist I should follow?

I notice that it has an extra entry for a project's web.xml:

    <context-param>
        <description>
            Initializes the plugins for our scripting support
        </description>
<param-name>org.apache.myfaces.FACES_INIT_PLUGINS</param-name>
<param-value>org.apache.myfaces.extensions.scripting.servlet.StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader</param-value>
    </context-param>

But I don't see any StartupServletContextPluginChainLoader anywhere in the my-faces library files included with TomEE or even in the current myfaces download itself and I get an ClassNotFound exception if I try to include this entry.

I notice in the TomEE logs it mentions a WEB-INF/faces-config.xml which I have defined, but also a
META-INF/standard-faces-config.xml  Perhaps this is required also?

Currently when I try to load my jsp test page, I get:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: java.lang.RuntimeException: FacesContext not
found