Hi,

about 1 it should work, not sure what you have as issue. We have some test
checking we can use classes defined only in the war (using shrinkwrap maven)

about 2 the root url should be target/classes since the archive is not
dumped on the disk we can't use the 'standard' url. TomEE embedded adapter
is faster than tomee remote one but dump the archive on the disk so it
should maybe match your need if you rely on it.

*Romain Manni-Bucau*