I recommend 1.5.1 and I prefer it over Glassfish? Why, because I don't make
sticking with it...to make it work.

TomEE and CDI-managed-beans and the not-so-real Apache Derby database on my
slow/old Windows Server 2003 32bit 4GB RAM is performing just as good as
Glassfish 3.1.2.2. I'm just learning 'how' to use TomEE, correctly and
efficiently.

Please make that sale.. TomEE/CDI... defintely not .NET. :)

Glassfish/WELD for CDI? i was not able to make it work at all, too hard,
too complicated... someone else told me recently, they heard all my
buzz/chatter in many different forums, they had/have Glassfish/WELD for CDI
and it's working good in production forthem, but they tried
TomEE/CDI-managed-beans, and that person said... it 'feels' faster than
Glassfish/WELD.

I like the tomEE committers big time! go with tomEE. :)