I'm not sure if your orm.xml file is invalid or not
but   one of the ways I've found to get a start on a
valid orm.xml file when I wasn't sure if mine was
correct was to use the Reverse Mapping tool in openjpa
(see the manual for more info).

If you already have a working example using
annotations, you can use the ant task to create your
orm.xml file for you, based on what you already have
in the database from your previous working example.

I do know that my orm.xml files look very different
from yours but I don't know where exactly the problem
might be.

Andrea

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/ormorm_1_0.xsd";
>     version="1.0">
>     <entity class="datamodel.Person">
>         <attributes>
>             <id name="id" />
>             <basic name="firstName" />
>             <basic name="lastName" />
>             <transient name="nonsenseField" />
>         </attributes>
>     </entity>
> </entity-mappings>
>
> I have the following persistence.xml
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!--
>     Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF)
> under one
>     or more contributor license agreements.  See the
> NOTICE file
>     distributed with this work for additional
> information
>     regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses
> this file
>     to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0
> (the
>     "License"); you may not use this file except in
> compliance
>     with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the
> License at
>
>     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
>     Unless required by applicable law or agreed to
> in writing,
>     software distributed under the License is
> distributed on an
>     "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS
> OF ANY
>     KIND, either express or implied.  See the
> License for the
>     specific language governing permissions and
> limitations
>     under the License.
> -->
> <persistence
> xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";

> version="1.0">
>
>     <!--
>         A persistence unit is a set of listed
> persistent entities as well
>         the configuration of an
> EntityManagerFactory. We configure each
>         example in a separate persistence-unit.
>     -->
>     <persistence-unit name="people"
> transaction-type="RESOURCE_LOCAL">
>
>         <!--
>             The default provider can be OpenJPA, or
> some other product.
>             This element is optional if OpenJPA is
> the only JPA provider
>             in the current classloading environment,
> but can be specified
>             in cases where there are multiple JPA
> implementations available.
>         -->
>
>         <provider>

org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl
>         </provider>
>
> <mapping-file>META-INF/orm.xml</mapping-file>
>
>         <!-- We must enumerate each entity in the
> persistence unit -->
>         <class>datamodel.Person</class>
>
>         <properties>
>             <property name="openjpa.ConnectionURL"

value="jdbc:derby:C:/DerbyDatabases/hellojpa-database9;create=true"
> />
>             <property
> name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName"
>
> value="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver" />
>             <property
> name="openjpa.ConnectionUserName" value="" />
>             <property
> name="openjpa.ConnectionPassword" value="" />
>
>             <!--
>                 Tell OpenJPA to automatically create
> tables in the database
>                 for entities. Note that this should
> be disabled when
>                 running against a production
> database, since you probably
>                 don't want to be altering the schema
> at runtime.
>             -->
>             <property
> name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
>                 value="buildSchema" />
>
>         </properties>
>     </persistence-unit>
>
> </persistence>
>

> Best regards, Lars

Special deal for Yahoo! users & friends - No Cost. Get a month of Blockbuster
Total Access now