Thanks Pinaki,
I was really stuck and abandoned any hope but your useful hints on classpath
issues saved me.

but today we had another weird day!!! First I create version field for some
tables and put @Version on them and awfully everything got worst. even a
simple insert with different account (different account number in DB)
encountered optimistic locking exception!!! I am wondered why this never
happened before. Then I tried to disable optimistic locking and set the
LockManager to 'pessimistic' but nothing has changed and we still experience
the same exception 'OptimisticLockException'. the problem remained even I
set that value to 'none'. After hours of toiling I gain nothing and gave up.

I really don't know why after about 6 months working with OpenJPA and
inserting near a million records we should face this problem? what have
changed that cause optimistic locking to be activated spontaneously!!!