Hello,

I have two applications, both working with openJPA 1.0.2
One of them (CompareApp) compares tabledata and writes differences to a file.
The other (WriteApp) reads the differences from that file and writes them to
database.

The data to compare are changed by a third application (ChangeApp) which uses
EJB2.1 and is not under my control.

When a user has changed data with ChangeApp, CompareApp does not discover the
changes. I have to stop and restart CompareApp. Then it works fine.
But this is not the way, the Application should be used. The differences must
be recognized without restarting the application.

I use managed mode. Here is my persistence.xml

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence";
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence/persistence_1_0.xsd";
        version="1.0">
        <persistence-unit name="DomaenenDB">
                <provider>
                        org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceProviderImpl
                </provider>
                <jta-data-source>java:comp/env/jdbc/domaenendb</jta-data-source>
                <properties>
                        <property name="openjpa.TransactionMode"
value="managed"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.ConnectionFactoryMode"
value="managed"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="db2"/>
                        <property name="openjpa.jdbc.Schema" value="T7"/>
                </properties>
        </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

Can someone give me an advice?

Thank you

Annette Scherer
Abteilung Informatik

HUK-COBURG
Bahnhofsplatz
96444 Coburg
Telefon  09561 96-1718
Telefax  09561 96-3671
E-Mail   annette.sche...@huk-coburg.de
Internet www.HUK.de
HUK-COBURG Haftpflicht-Unterstützungs-Kasse kraftfahrender Beamter Deutschlands
a. G. in Coburg
Reg.-Gericht Coburg HRB 100; St.-Nr. 9212/101/00021
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Bahnhofsplatz, 96444 Coburg
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Werner Strohmayr.
Vorstand: Rolf-Peter Hoenen (Sprecher), Wolfgang Flaßhoff, Stefan Gronbach,
Klaus-Jürgen Heitmann, Dr. Christian Hofer, Dr. Wolfgang Weiler.