Thanks for the responses - Lots of good suggestions there.

I had the older Java 1.5.0_05 already installed and haven't bothered to update since I plan to go to 1.6. Correct me if there is any reason why I shouldn't go to 1.6.

My use case here is sort of the minimal case. Others are using an IDE or deploying on an application server where the dependencies are different.

- Paul