1. To verify that OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE is not getting created by another
entity, can you run the application with a single simple class such as
@Entity
public class PObject {
        @Id
        @GeneratedValue(strategy=GenerationType.IDENTITY)
        private long id;

        public long getId() {
                return id;
        }

}

2. What is the resultant schema for PObject on H2 database?

ljnelson wrote:

> Hello.  I am using the H2 database for some simple unit tests, with
> OpenJPA sitting on top of it.
>
> I am wondering how to get OpenJPA to stop trying to create or look for the
> OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE, particularly since nothing in my entity model
> requires it (I explicitly use the @GenerationType of IDENTITY, which I
> took it was supposed to use the native auto-incrementing ability of the
> database, if there is one (which there is in H2).
>
> Could someone tell me either how to instruct OpenJPA to basically insert
> NULL into the primary key column instead of trying to insert a value it
> thinks it can get from the non-existent OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE?  If I
> wanted to use a table, I would have used @GenerationType.TABLE, not
> @GenerationType.IDENTITY.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> Best,