Hi Marc,

Sounds like an unchecked exception thrown by Serp and we could be a bit
friendlier about how we handle it. At least dumping the classname that we're
trying to load would help. Adding a try / catch might be helpful. Which
version of OpenJPA are you using?

My guess is that it is OpenJDK related and the compiled class is not
matching Serp's expectation. I haven't seen this exception before though and
I can't tell you why you're getting it.

-mike