Hi All

I too would much rather see @NamedQuery(ies) defined in a seperate
class like I do other more complicated queries. I also see this as a
good way of keeping things modular or decoupled from the model.

Using a seperate java class which then registers those queries at run
time would be a good way of doing things. The registration not need be
in the persistence.xml file as long as it can be added to the
persistence unit later.

David