Hi,
I guess it's a bug of OpenJPA 1.2.1.
I used ojdbc6.jar to connect oracle11g.

If I pass username and password in persistence.xml, everything will be OK.
But if I pass them from java code like below, the connecting will fail:
                map.put("openjpa.ConnectionUserName","tsam");
                map.put("openjpa.ConnectionPassword","tsam");

And I analyzed the stack trace, the stack is completely identical with
the case that I doesn't specify username and password for openjpa at
all.
And the stack is little different with using wrong username and password.

Is it an OpenJPA and Oracle integration bug?

Regards,
Yu Wang