Hello list

I use OpenJPA with Apache DBCP in Java SE environment.

My problem is the performance when prepared statement pooling is enabled in DBCP - it is the same as when statement pooling is disabled.

My question is - why prepared statement pooling does not increase performance on MySQL ?

BTW I made the same test with PostgreSQL and performance is better when prepared statement pooling is enabled.

I use MySQL 5.0.51a and OpenJPA 1.2.0

it is the database configuration in my persistence.xml file.

<property name="openjpa.ConnectionProperties" value="driverClassName=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver, url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/cms8?characterEncoding=UTF-8, username=xxxxxxx,
password=xxxxxxx,
maxActive=100,
maxIdle=100,
initialSize=100,
poolPreparedStatements=true"/>

<property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName" value="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource"/>

Best regards
Georgi