For runtime, Slice only needs access to the jdbc, kernel, and lib jars as it is a BrokerFactory/JDBCProvider. It provides its own ProductDerivation in -
   src/main/java/org/apache/openjpa/slice/ProductDerivation.java

For junit tests, it should only need to include openjpa-persistence for the tests. If other tests are being added that need to use openjpa-persistence-jdbc, then you should ask Pinaki to review your proposed tests.

-Donald

ashish paliwal wrote:
Hi,

I wanted to know that why is slice module not depended on
openjpa-persistence-jdbc module. I was trying to figure out the reason but
could not get to anything conclusive. I felt that both persistence and
persistence-jdbc module are central to design of openjpa and since there is
dependency on persistence module why is there no dependency on
persistence-jdbc module.

I actually created a test case in slice module and that test case depended
on whether JDBCProductDerivation gets loaded or not. Since, slice module has
no dependency on persistence-jdbc moule, it doesn't gets loaded. If I move
my test case to example module(which has dependency on persistence-jdbc)
then test runs fine.

It will be really helpful for me if someone can throw some kight on this.

thanks and regards