Hi David,

FinalizingBrokerImpl will close itself and free resources when it's GC'ed.
It sounds like something else is holding on to a lot of references to FBImpl
(I'd guess something changed "upstream").

One cause is if the application creates a large number of EntityManagers and
doesn't close them (or creates a large number of EMFactories which don't get
closed since closing an EMF will close its EMs).

Did anything else change or did you just upgrade OpenJPA versions?

-mike