I find out more. It is not open jpa problem. It looks like jpatemplate.

This works:
getJpaTemplate().find("SELECT new Organization(o.orgId, o.orgName) FROM
Organization o where o.custOrgId='"+custOrgId+"' and o.ooid='"+ooid+"' and
o.sor='"+sor+"'");

I was using:
        @NamedQuery (
                    name = "Organization.findOrgByCustOoidSOR",
                    query = "SELECT new Organization(o.orgId, o.orgName) FROM
Organization
o WHERE o.custOrgId = :custOrgId AND o.ooid = :ooid AND o.sor = :sor"
                )

Map<String, Object> namedParams = new HashMap<String, Object>();
namedParams.put("custOrgId", custOrgId.trim());
namedParams.put("ooid", ooid.trim());
namedParams.put("sor", sor.trim());

getJpaTemplate().findByNamedQueryAndNamedParams(queryName,
                                params);

It must not be mapping the parameters correctly.