ljnelson wrote:

> I can verify that this problem still exists in the 1.3 branch and running,
> at least, on the H2 database.  What would it take to get this merge to
> happen?

I can also narrow down the bug's scope somewhat in case that helps (or
perhaps it has truly been fixed elsewhere?).

If I declare my single-column unique constraints like this:

@Column(name = "foo", unique = true)

...the bug occurs: I get OpenJPA trying to create unique constraints that
are named, simply, "UNQ_" (i.e. nothing after the underscore ("_")).

If I declare them like this:

@Table(name = "bar_table",
       uniqueConstraints = {
         @UniqueConstraint(columnNames = "foo")
       }
)

...then the bug does not occur; I get a unique constraint in this case named
"UNQ_foo".

So for now I have just switched to explicitly naming my unique constraints
to work around the problem.

Thanks,
Laird