From: Christopher Giblin [mailto:c...@zurich.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, 20 July 2009 11:50 PM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: newbie: null Entity Manager Factory in Eclipse

Hi,
When I run my test as a standalone Java program, things work.
When I launch the same code from within a plugin in an Eclipse RCP app,
Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory returns null.

I have called Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory both ways, with and
without persistence.xml. Get null both ways.

I have googled and have done everything recommended in those posts,
including initializing the factory with properties and making sure the jdbc
driver is on the class path. Still get null.

I feel I am now going round in circles. Any hints?

Thanks, chris