The javadoc for org.apache.openjpa.event.RemoteCommitProvider states "....A
remote commit provider must not fire remote events for commits that
originated with a local broker...." ...so, if you are operating against a
single EMF, your remote events won't ever be invoked. Hopefully this helps.?

- Rick