Hi all,

I still got his problem and can't seem to resolve it so I'll try again to
see if anyone has any tips. set up is like this I've got a web service that
can fetch large files from either ftp or http, when a file is fetched with
one of these protocols, a new thread is started and downloads the file.
Before the thread is started a new entry in the database is entered, after
the download is complete we fetch the db entry and update the entry to say
where the file was stored and size and set state to Finished. This works
fine in a "stand alone" mode. But when we have an application that asks for
the status(say every 2 sec ), by fetching the database entry and looking to
see if that state of the db entry is finished, the update of the database
entry never happens. The thread that should update the db entry has it's own
EntityManager. The bethod that fetches the dn entry does not use a
transaction, just entitymanger instance.

Does anyone have any tips on how to resolve this??

cheers, Håkon

--
Håkon Sagehaug, Scientific Programmer
Parallab, Bergen Center for Computational Science(BCCS)