Hi Jean-Baptiste,
Sorry if I mis-represented the approach, but I never promised to resolve
this JIRA Issue before committing the Beta2 release.  I said that we would
take a look at the referenced JIRA and try to work with the patch originator
to see if we could resolve this before we do a final 2.0.0 release.  The
BetaX releases should not be required to have certain JIRAs fixed.  Unless
we're talking about regressions.  But, in this case, the problem has been
around for a while and, thus, should not hold up a BetaX release.

Kevin