From: KARR, DAVID (ATTSI) [mailto:dk0...@att.com]
Sent: Thursday, 20 May 2010 11:31 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: Schema version problem upgrading to JPA 2.0

I think I noticed some talk about this before, but I can't find it in
the archives now.

I tried to upgrade to version 2.0.0 today.  The upgrade with no changes
worked fine.  Now I'm trying to modify it to use the small number of 2.0
features that I'm attempting to use.

When I changed the "schemaLocation" attribute to point to the 2.0 xsd
(I'm really surprised the namespace didn't change), then Eclipse
complained that I had to change the "version" attribute also, which I
did (to 2.0).  I then added several "order-column" elements where I was
previously using the OpenJPA OrderColumn annotation.  When I attempted
to build this, I got schema validation errors, claiming that there was
no "order-column" element (even though Eclipse validates this).  If I
temporarily changed the "version" attribute value back to "1.0", then I
could get through that part of the build, even though Eclipse is now
complaining.  I haven't attempted to run the app in this state.

What am I missing?