Hi,

I am using Apache Derby with OpenJPA and have a class with a named query.
Unfortunately, every time I attempt to execute the named query I get an
error because OpenJPA is assuming the "USER" schema.  The "USER" schema is
not the default for Derby.  It is "APP" I think.  This does not happen when
I do not use a named query.

Here are my persistence.xml properties:

openjpa.ConnectionURL=jdbc:derby:databases/JPATest;create=true

                        openjpa.ConnectionUserName=user
                        openjpa.ConnectionPassword=password

openjpa.ConnectionDriverName=org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver
                        openjpa.jdbc.Schema=APP

openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings=buildSchema(SchemaAction='add,deleteTableContents')

Here is my first test with a native query...

  @Entity
  @NamedNativeQuery(name = "getByID",
                resultClass = com.mycompany.Employee.class,
                query = "SELECT x FROM Employee x WHERE x.id = ?1")
  @Cacheable
  @Table(schema = "APP")
  public class Employee{

Here is the code to execute the query:
  Query q = em.createNamedQuery("getByID");
  q.setParameter(1, rand);

Here is the error:
Exception in thread "main"
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException: Schema 'USER' does not
exist {SELECT x FROM Employee x WHERE x.id = ?} [code=30000, state=42Y07]