Hi,

We are running on JEE 5 stack and using JPA 2.0 for persistence layer. In
our application architecture, we have following layers Service, BC(Business
Component) and DAC(Data Access component). As per secure coding guideliens,
each layer should be responsible of doing validation. considering that
approach, Our business rule validation will be done in BC layer. and Data
type, constraint will be done in DAC layer.

For data validation at DAC layer, i can think of Bean Validation API (JSR
303) however it's part of JEE 6. can i use in JEE 5 ?

Thanks
Chintan