Hi,
You have been referencing "code", but I haven't seen any code attachments or
code snippets to look at...

A good reference for OpenJPA's enhancement processing can be found on our
wiki:
http://openjpa.apache.org/entity-enhancement.html

You are correct.  There are hooks in the WebSphere code to tie into the
classloading mechanism and automatically enhance the Entity classes that are
getting loaded.  This is the probably the easiest mechanism to ensure that
your classes are getting enhanced.

I'm not clear on what type of custom object you are trying to process.  JPA
requires at least the @Entity annotation (or orm.xml equivalent) to indicate
a POJO to be an Entity or not.  This would also apply to our enhancement
processing.  OpenJPA doesn't want to try to enhance all classes, especially
in the case of automatic dynamic enhancement like with the WebSphere hook.

Maybe we need more background on what's really being attempted (with code
snippets or examples).

Thanks,
Kevin