Hello Heiko,
  Please tell me few things
  1. Does the Lock object declare a reference to the entity it is supposed
to lock?
  2. Can the entities declare a reference to a Lock object?

  The above questions basically to understand whether the persistent domain
model will allow a relationship between Lock and Locked object. If it does,
can that relation be bi-directional or uni-directional? If only
uni-directional what is the directionality (or as JPA calls it: who owns the
relation?).

  3. Looks like the application prefers to create and delete Lock object
themselves as opposed to modify/update a lock object. I prefer that a Lock
object be modified when it relinquishes its lock on A and grabs control of
B. In your application, it seems that LockA object will be destroyed/deleted
and new LockB object will be created. Please explain for my understanding
why you preferred the create+delete style over modify.

 Once I hear the response, I will offer my $0.02

-----
Pinaki Poddar
Chair, Apache OpenJPA Project