Hi im triying to handle a constraint violation but i dont know how..

In my EJB i have this:

try {
            UserTransaction userTransaction =
ejbContext.getUserTransaction();
            userTransaction.begin();
            em.remove(anyObject);
            userTransaction.commit();
     }
catch(Exception ex){
   //WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO HERE, FOR HANDLE THE CONSTRAINT VIOLATION???
}

The exception class is:  javax.transaction.RollbackException

Im getting this:

openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal store error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityExistsException: The transaction
has been rolled back.  See the nested exceptions for details on the
errors that occurred.

Caused by: <openjpa-2.2.0-r422266:1244990 fatal store error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityExistsException: Cannot delete or
update a parent row: a foreign key constraint...

Caused by: org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.ReportingSQLException: Cannot
delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails.........
[code=1451, state=23000]

I know this exception is because im triying to delete a child before
delete his parent, what i want is to check if my object has a
reference in other table (i dont want to use a SELECT for each table)
that's why i want to handle a constraint violation (can be only the:
Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails.)
how can i do this?

If i iterate over the ex.getCause() i only get one.

 Throwable cause = ex.getCause();
 while(cause!=null)
   cause = cause.getCause();

Im using JTA and OpenJPA 2.2.0